De Anza logo Search
De Anza Full Website

Dependent vs. Independent

To find out whether you are an Dependent or an Independent student, please see the Federal Student Aid website explaining Dependency Status.

If you have no contact with your parents and don’t know where they live, or you’ve left home due to an abusive situation, fill out the FAFSA and then immediately get in touch with us to do a Dependency Review Request. The Dependency Review Request needs to be submitted for review.