Here's What We Do
The Transfer Center helps students research their options and make plans for a smooth transition to a four-year university or other institution.
While you won't be able to visit us in person during the 2020 fall quarter, you can still speak with a counselor or academic adviser by phone, email or Zoom video.
- Use our online appointment system to schedule a time to talk.
- After making your appointment, be sure to check your email for important information about your appointment
- Or use our Online Adviser program for quick questions
New at the Transfer Center!
Be sure to check our Transfer Alerts webpage for useful announcements and information about new opportunities to learn about transfer universities and requirements.
Transfer Tips Video
Get tips on planning for a successful transfer from this new video, part of our '80s-themed Video Help Series.
Quick Drop-In Sessions
Individual Drop-In Sessions: You can have a quick online chat with a counselor or academic adviser without an appointment. These sessions are only 10-15 minutes and are meant for quick questions regarding academic, career, transfer and personal counseling and advising.
Before You Request Pass/No PassSome transfer universities have restrictions on accepting courses taken as Pass/No Pass.
We Can Help With
- Appointments for in-depth transfer planning
- Information about articulation agreements, guaranteed admission and impacted majors
- Access and help with ASSIST.org
- Meetings at De Anza with representatives from UC and CSU campuses, as well as private and out-of-state universities
- Workshops and information sessions covering topics such as the online application process, steps to transfer, Transfer Admission Guarantees and UC Personal Insight Questions
- If you're applying this fall to transfer to UC or CSU, you should know there have been some technical issues with the launch of the redesigned statewide ASSIST website, which normally provides current information on transferable courses.
- You can find more information about by visiting the ASSIST News page on De Anza's website.
- For any questions, contact the Transfer Center.
Meet With Us
There are currently two ways to make an appointment
- Use the Transfer Center's online appointment system.
- Call the center's front desk at 408.864.8841
Make the Most of Your Visit
- Before your meeting, make a list of questions that you want to ask.
- Be sure you have any records that are relevant to the issues you want to discuss – such as your educational plan, placement information or test scores, or transcripts from other colleges. (For transcript evaluations, visit this Admissions webpage.)
- Be on time!
Check the Transfer Events page for more information on additional events.
Visit these webpages for useful information to help you plan for a successful transfer.