Here's How to Reach Us
While you won't be able to visit us in person during the 2021 summer session, you can still speak to us by phone, email or Zoom videoconference.
- Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday: closed
Here's how you can reach us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (408) 864-8839
Thank you for your patience, understanding and flexibility.
Here are some of the services provided by the DSPS Testing and Tutorial Center. Below this list, you can view our online tutoring schedule.
Test Proctoring Services
Accommodation for classroom testing provides an equal opportunity for students with verified disabilities to demonstrate mastery of the course objectives and take required course exams or evaluative assignments.
If you have already met with your DSS Counselor or LD Specialist for the current quarter you can stop by our office to set up your testing accommodations.
Due to COVID-19 and the college’s direction towards a virtual campus we will not offer any face to face testing. We have asked your instructors to please be flexible and build extra time accommodations into their virtual/online quizzes, exams and finals.
Please refer to your accommodation letter to verify your accommodations. If there are any accommodations you need help accessing virtually please contact email@example.com for support. It is possible that your instructor is not yet aware of this new policy, if so, please let them know to contact us with any questions they may have.
If you you are a student or Faculty who needs support or has questions regarding accommodations through Canvas, Zoom, etc., please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note Taking Services
There are several options for obtaining note taking services, lecture or classroom notes as an approved accommodation, i.e.-recording lectures, instructor copies, classmate copies.
This accommodation, must be approved by your DSS Counselor or LD Specialist, please consult with them first.
Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services
Based on individual needs, DHHS provides the following services for students enrolled in any college class:
- Sign Language interpreting
- Real-time captioning
- Captioned videos/media in the classroom
- FM Systems
COVID-19 vaccines are now open to all Californians age 12 and older — and that includes college students!
To find a vaccination clinic near you, visit the Santa Clara County Public Health Department website for a list of clinic sites where you can drop in without an appointment, or schedule a time that fits your schedule.
The DSPS Tutorial Lab will be open to provide remote tutoring for DSS students during the 2021 Summer Session and Summer session.
Please check the Summer tutoring schedules below and read the Tutoring FAQs for important information.
- Tutoring is available Monday-Wednesday.
- If you have any questions about tutoring, please send an email to email@example.com
- If you are scheduling tutoring for the first time, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be verified of your eligibility and reply with information on how to proceed.
- To request materials in an alternate format, please contact Deborah Armstrong at email@example.com or 408.864.5815.
- New to Zoom? See the Zoom Quick Start Guide
- Boo Fuqua: all levels of math, chemistry and microbiology
- Donna Cale: all levels of math through 212, study skills, reading, writing, concepts and comprehension
- Addy Garg: all Levels of algebra, calculus, all English/Language Arts/reading & writing courses, study and test taking strategies
- Yume Kim: all English/Language Arts courses and reading/writing related assignments, including Humanities and Social Sciences
Math & Mixed Subject Lab Hours
All Math Labs are drop-in sessions. See notes below schedule for each tutor's subject areas. Summer tutoring sessions start June 30th - August 4, 2021.
|Boo Fuqua||10 a.m.-2 p.m.||9 a.m.-1 p.m.||10 a.m.-1 p.m.||Not available||Not available|
|Addy Garg||Noon - 4 p.m.||Noon - 4 p.m.||Noon - 4 p.m.||Not available||Not available|
Language Lab Hours
Language Lab sessions are by appointment only. You may schedule up to three sessions per week, each lasting 30 minutes.
|Yume Kim||Not available||
10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Drop in: 11 a.m. - Noon
10 a.m. - 3p.m.
Drop in: 11 a.m. - Noon
|Not available||Not available|
Additional Tutoring From SSC
While the DSPS tutoring hours are limited, you can also visit the Student Success Center (SSC) for remote tutoring assistance. Here's how to sign up with for SSC tutoring
- Visit the Student Success Center webpage and click the yellow button to enroll in their online tutoring through the Canvas system.
- Once you are enrolled in Canvas, you can click on the Modules to choose the SSC area for your course.
- If you need help with Canvas, please visit the Online Education Center's Canvas Help webpage.