Students who have satisfactorily completed a class for the maximum allowable times may be able to audit a class for no credit.
Enrollment as an auditor carries no privilege other than to attend classes.
- Students do not receive credit for an audited course.
- Instructors have no obligation to grade tests or other class assignments submitted by an auditor; however, an instructor may permit an auditor to participate in class discussions.
Students enrolling for credit will have priority over auditors until the second week of the course, at which time auditors may enroll on a space available basis.
Requests to audit should be made to the instructor, who will submit the necessary form to the college Admissions and Records Office.
- Students should contact the instructor directly to ask for permission to audit a class.
- If the instructor approves, the instructor will submit the Course Audit Form in MyPortal:
- After logging in to MyPortal, instructors should open the Apps section and look under Adobe Sign Faculty Forms, then follow the directions on the form to submit the request online.
A fee of $10 per unit must be paid; however, there is no charge for the first five units of an audited course for students enrolled in 15 or more quarter units for credit.
No student auditing a course shall be permitted to change his or her enrollment to receive credit for the course.
Course audits may not be approved to override repetition rules.